This is how Shop Lane looked in 1942 with the Post
Office and Shop prominently displayed. To the left is 'The Elms' and
to the right is 'The old Vicarage'.
A similar view taken in April 2007. Along with 'The
Elms and 'The Old Vicarage' there are now on the left 2 bungalows
and beyond the Shop are the flats 'Lorimer Place'. The white van is
parked pointing up Cleveland Avenue.